[meteorite-list] My Meteorite Is BIGGER Than Your UPDATE: Charity

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:05:07 -0700

Ok,

Everyone here has obviously seen the "special" chondrule auction I put
up a few days ago. I've received tons of emails from many of you with
lots of LOL and "that's hilarious" remarks. This has so far been our
most successful auction to date in numbers of responses and visitors. As
of the writing of this email over 345 people have viewed this auction
and it has 8 bids totaling $17.50. Wow! Keep in mind this is for 2 grams
of chondrules.

SPECIAL AUCTION:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-2g-48-Chondrules-NWA-XXX-Meteorite-MUSA_W0QQitemZ250249271362

On a more serious note. I've decided to give all proceeds of this
auction away to the American Red Cross China Earthquake Relief. This is
a very worthy cause and something that you can be proud of giving to.
For those of you who may not have heard about the quake, it was 7.9 on
the Richter scale and killed thousands of people in CHENGDU, China. Read
more about it online just by searching any major search engine for
"China Earthquake". We won't know exactly how many perished until this
is all over. It is a terrible tragedy and should not have happened but
we can help.

I want to do what I can to help, so I'm contributing 100% of the
proceeds of this auction to the Red Cross. Every little bit helps. Those
of you who would like to participate are more than welcome to bid on the
auction when it is complete I will announce the winning bidder (with
permission) high bid, and post the results on list. If you like this
idea and think it's for a worthy cause I invite everyone to come and bid.

Thanks again everyone...

Eric Wichman
Meteorites USA