[meteorite-list] Smithsonian Allende and new Suizhou collection pieces

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 01:20:47 +0100

Great pieces Mike....looks like this last month has been a good one.

Hoping to get to Ensisheim or Saint Marie again this year...but not sure
yet.

And now a question Mike...or anyone else out there. Are there any
records of chondrite falls that were found many years after the actual
fall (40 or more years) in climates which are wet or similar the Britain.

I am still trying to asses what sort of state a meteorite such as
Barwell may be in after weathering the elements for that long as we are
still on the track/hunt for one large piece observed to fall by a farmer
well outside of the normal strewnfield but never recovered. Are there
instances of such finds, and if not, is it because they have weathered a
way completely?

Any thoughts anyone?

Graham Ensor