[meteorite-list] Meteorite survival

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 08:37:18 +0200

I changed the subject as this topic took a different path from the
original posting.

There are strong evidence that the Ultuna meteorite found in 1944 is
paired with the 1869 Hessle fall. Classified as H chondrites. I don't
know the weathering grade of Ultuna.
I had the happy coincidence to handle a large (about 600g) individual
this winter.

Ref : NYSTR?M, J.O. AND WICKMAN, F.E.,1994: The Ultuna and Hessle
meteorites, Sweden: paired falls? GFF 116, pp. 231-233.

/G?ran