[meteorite-list] RFS Picture of the Day: Krähenberg (and Bob's Venus Stone)

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 04 Jun 2008 19:28:45 UT

Hello Moni, Hanno, and Listees,

Just like Hanno, I'm not very interested in plaster casts of meteorites. I prefer
the real thing ;-) But years ago, I just couldn't resist buying one of Bob Haag's
plaster casts of his famous "Venus Stone" (a.k.a. Adamana). It is such a perfect
example of a flight-oriented and flight-marked meteorite and I still see Bob on
TV holding his Venus Stone and demonstrating to the TV audience how it must
have come "screaming" through the Earth's atmosphere.

For those who are not familiar with Bob's Venus Stone:

NORTON O. R. (2002) The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites
(Cambridge University Press, ISBN 0 521 62143 7, p. 53)

or:

HAAG R. (2003) The Robert Haag Collection of Meteorites
(Private Collection Edition, Tucson, Arizona, 127pp.) => cover photo

Best,

Bernd