[meteorite-list] I will no longer ship to Italy using paypal

From: Moser Francesco <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:01:43 +0100

Hi All!
As you know I'm Italian so I think I have the right to tell you my 2cents!

1) Naples and the rubbish (OT):
Maybe most of you don't know nothing about the rubbish situations in Naples
and the near cities.
This is the situation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rud-B1IDo-Q&feature=related
http://images.google.it/images?gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=it&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Ait%3Aofficial&q=napoli+immondizia&btnG=Cerca+immagini
About 130.000ton of the rubbish on the streets!!!
The fault is the Mafia, corrupt politicians and a lot of other people
interested in the rubbish businnes.
It's very humiliating that this is the image that the other countries has
about Italy and about Italian people, so I write this e-mail.

2) Italian situation (OT):
As you know Italy is a long and thin country, long about 1000km from north
to south.
You have to know that there are HUGE and HUGE difference beetween the
northern regions and the southern regions.
Many people who live in the northern Italy think that the south Italy looks
like Third World, like the poorest and worst African Country.
Who live in south Italy look at the northern like a paradise on earth! A lot
of people leave the cities in south for search a better life and work in
north.
I'm so angry when someone from the other country think that the Mafia is
present in Italy!!! Mafia is only in the south and biggest problem of my
country comes also from the southern regions!
Billions of Euro every year leave the northern regions for the south Italy,
for try to resolve the dramatic situation, but all this money goes in the
pocket of the Mafia :(
When the political class will change I hope a lot of problems will
disappear!

So please when you insult Italy and the Italian People for Mafia and
organized crime, remember that in Italy there are 2 different Italy!!!
A rich and beatiful north and a poor and really problematic south!!

3) POSTAL PROBLEM:
I'm so sorry to read that the post from USA to Europe (and specially to
Italy) go lost in a lot of cases!
In the last 2years I have sent and received a lot of packages, about 100.
Only one letter sent to Germany went lost...
At now the person how sent something to me have never lost anything, I have
had some trouble only with a couple of letters...
Actually I'm waiting for 5 meteorites...I hope they are on the way :D !!!

I don't know the cause of these lost and for the huge delay, i think the
situation has worsened in the last few month.
I live in a little city, about 100.000 inhabitants, in august there were
about 25ton of post in local postal office, nobody knows what really
happened and why!
6 month ago a package took about 15days for the trip from USA, now I know I
have to wait 4-6weeks.
But for example Greg Hupe has sent me a box on 29.15 and it was arrived on
14.01!
Some month ago I send a meteorite to Boston and the trip took just 8days
with the normal post, just 0.80? of shipping cost!
The trip of a letter from Germany took 3weeks...

I don't think there is corruption of the postal service...I think it's hard
to say where is the problem.
I hope in the future the problem disappear so we (European and Italian)
could buy from the great USA dealer without problem!

Ciao

<><><><>
Francesco Moser