[meteorite-list] 12 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Meteorite Calendar!

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 16:34:59 -0600

Anne,

Your list consists of only nine gracious and highly intelligent women.

We will need at least an even dozen to produce the calendar "The Ladies
of Meteorite Central." Unless we skip three months...or, use photos of
three ladies twice in order to give the calendar the usual twelve months,
which could bring charges of favoritism, there appears to be only one
satisfactory solution: you'll just have to find three more lovely,
meteoritically
inclined feminine participants.

If we hurry we might yet throw something together for this year, but to
truly give the project the care and expertise needed we should probably
shoot for 2009. That way Ms. January and possibly Ms. February won't
be shorted in their hanging/viewing time. Or, those could be a couple of
the months we skip if we produce it this year. Whatever.

I might suggest that each participant be shown holding an eye-popping
specimen (even if we have to borrow it) of their personal favorite
meteorite.
This could provide an excellent opportunity to raid the meteorite vaults of
Messrs. Haag, Blood, Hupe, Cottingham, Notkin, etc. in search of those
highly photogenic specimens that haven't seen the light of day in years.

We might be able to do a "Lovelies of the IMCA" for 2010. Never too
early to plan ahead.

This plan for the calendar(s) should have ladies joining the MetCentral List
and IMCA in astounding numbers. Get ready for the sudden increase.
Who knows, the MetCentral List could morph into a "Dating Service
for Meteorite Nuts." Stranger things have happened. If you think you've
seen spiteful, acrimonious arguments and comments on the List in the past,
just wait till those post "Date" and "bitter relationships that have
folded"
comments and dialogs start showing up. They'll be throwing their meteorites
at each other.

Art's gentle and noble patience in holding this list together might
finally be
tried to the limit.

Maybe the calendars aren't that great an idea after all. A bit of
reconsideration
might well be in order here.

Oh, never mind,

Jerry W.