[meteorite-list] 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own A Meteorite!

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 09:14:04 -0500

Hi Rhonda and all,

My first specimen was Canyon Diablo oxide but when I started to
seriously collect, I bought a Canyon Diablo, Imilac and Allende CV3. Not
bad first choices. Today with lunar material available I think that I
would purchase a nice lunar specimen as those are truly unique and
something that we can all relate to as we all see the moon from time to
time in the sky.

You could buy HED's from Vesta or some of the many samples of Martian
material that grace our collections.

You could buy the three main classes, a stony, iron and stony-iron so
you could build from there. Might as well jump in and get really wet.
The choices are really endless but most important buy something of
interest and meaning to you Best!

--AL Mitterling

But mostly
#2 - I want the first one to be special and I can't
figure out what exactly it should be. I even thought
about asking it as a post -i.e., if you could choose
what your first metorite would be, what would you go
for, but thought that was too pedestrian for you guys.