[meteorite-list] Need a meteorite picture repository (was Alternative Meteorite Group Track Records)

From: Jason Utas <meteoritekid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:46:01 -0800

Hola Bob, Michael,
I would go for either flickr.com (free account gives you 200 fairly
high-res pictures - per account, and unlimited photos of even higher
resolution if you pay), or the encyclopedia of meteorites site, run by
our list's own Pierre-Marie Pele.
Have a look:

http://encyclopedia-of-meteorites.com/

Creating an account is free, though donations aren't frowned upon.

I find that webshots and picasa...well, I've never used either, but it
seems to me that either they have lower resolution capabilities than
flickr - or people simply choose to upload smaller images. Never
having used either, I can't say which is true.
Regards,
Jason