[meteorite-list] Speaking of illegal Meteorites...

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 16:10:47 -0800 (PST)

I am thinking that there will be a increase in Campo prices due to the new laws.

Another illegal meteorite, Berduc... It is widely available for sale on places like Ebay and a few dealers also offer it online.
Not too long ago someone from the Metlist offered it in a rather discrete fashion - if anyone tried to save the video clip like I did, you know what Im talking about - it was also offered at the Bonhams auction.

I honestly think that the legal status doesnt matter to most private collectors, it only really effects the dealers who would aquire it to sell it.
Myself, as mainly a collector feel that nobody would come kicking in my door for owning a sample of this new canadian fall, Berduc or any other meteorite that is not aloowed to be exported... there are too many bigger issues to deal with.