[meteorite-list] Ad New Canadian Meteorite for sale

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:47:42 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2008 5:31:12 P.M. Central Standard Time,
MeteorHntr at aol.com writes:
I doubt the meteorite will oxidize much, at these temps, there is no more
liquid water so they should be perfectly preserved for the most part.
Michael Farmer

*****************

Good Point Mike,

Then again, if there is a lot of snow, and the ground gets real soggy when
it melts off, rust could set in fairly quick. Especially if these would be H
chondrites.

Also, if there are strong rains in the spring that help melt off the snow,
it could submerge some of these guys in water for some time.

I know it only took one rainfall at Park Forest and rust was already
appearing on some of the specimens almost immediately.

Does anyone know how many feet of snow they get up there each winter? Do
they get much rain in the spring?

You know, one downfall is that if it takes waiting until May for the snow to
all melt, then there would be the 6 month wait on those finds before they
could get export permits, it could this time next year before any of these hit
the market.

The good thing, is that in a full year's time, we should have a much better
idea on what a fair market value would be. So people don't have to worry too
much about risking paying too much when they hit the market.

Steve Arnold #1
www.SteveArnoldMeteorites.com