[meteorite-list] Tom Phillips Art

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:22:34 EDT

Hi Mike, Thanks for the nice words! It is cool to have people appreciate
the images for the beauty as well as the scientific interest.

I have been Joneszing for a certain Jenoptik microscope camera for quite
some time. It is 12.5mp but at $10K, I'll just hope a used one pops up on
eBay.

I have loved the print quality up to 8X10 with my current setup. I have not
seen any bigger. If some one has purchased a Cafepress large print please
let us all know what you thought about the print quality.

Paul (Meteorite Times) put in a lot of work setting up the Cafepress store
and it is not about the money. The mark up we put in to it is minimal (just
enough to cover the expenses associated with it, and in actuality it hasn't
even been as much as the shipping/insurance costs associated with borrowing the
thin sections).

Anyway, I highly recommend the coffee mugs. The print on them is fantastic
and it is a quality mug that I enjoy. They have withstood many dishwasher
trips with no fading.

I prepared these images for Adam Hupe and Dr. Irving and have encouraged
Adam to use them in any way he likes to promote NWA 5000.

It is a big gamble to send a valuable and delicate thin section to some guy
who wants to take pictures of it! I hope my images lived up to the
expectations.

Tom Phillips

In a message dated 4/15/2008 10:40:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time,