[meteorite-list] Tom Phillips Art

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:13:35 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,

I cannot thank Tom Phillips enough for the exceptional
work and time he put into Northwest Africa 5000. I
have seen images of the solar wind implanted gas
bubbles on micro-probe shots and really did not get a
grasp on their dimensionality until looking at Tom's
work.

The sixth image really strikes me as it looks like
planets being sucked into a super nova. Tom is not
kidding when he said he took around 500 images of NWA
5000. I cannot choose a favorite because they are all
great. He took an image of one of these bubbles that
had a ring around it resembling Saturn, talk about
neat! In yet another image, there is a number "7" on
one of these bubbles!

In some areas, I could observe the flow like a frozen
river where objects are aligned to the current. Other
objects come out of suspension where the current slows
down.

Maybe I breathed in a little too much of the Helium-3
and Hydrogen when I exposed the contents of some
bubbles during cutting but I think these images are
simply awesome, the best! It blows my mind to think
that trapped in each of these bubbles is the contents
of the Sun.

Best Regards,

Adam