[meteorite-list] By Popular Demand................

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:07:05 EDT

Lots of mail in my mail-box today!!!

I have read every single email and concluded that the (private) responses
were unanimously positive. Thank you to all of you for taking the time to
write, I do appreciate.

Now let me try to answer some of the concerns voiced on the List.

Martin, I hope you have found your tranquilizer pills. Maybe a glass of wine
will help, or a good night sleep. Yes, there is the problem (and risk) of
competition. But we deal with a very special merchandise, not 2 pieces are
exactly alike (not like shoes) maybe you have a slice and I have an end-piece, or
maybe your slice has an odd inclusion and mine does not. And we both work
with rare historical pieces, there are very few examples of those on the market
and the provenance is even more critical.
And on this subject, I intent to improve my listing of provenance, by going
up further in the chain of ownership, when possible, and when I have the
documentation. As we found out Saturday, knowing the last owner(s) of a
particular piece is not always sufficient, just take a look at all the names you will
find on Bob Evans feedback on Ebay. So I will try to go further. One example:
I listed the Moorabie as coming from Robert Haag although I bought it from
Jason Philips but it came with Robert's label (Thank you Jason), so I know it
originally came from him.

Alex, thin-sections is a different problem. Of course I can tell you my
sources for the material used to make those thin-sections, but that is not your
question, isn't it? I believe most collectors of thin-sections know very well
who makes 90% of my thin-sections, he is a long time expert, and he worked
for David New until David New retired last November. But, as part of our
business deal, he has asked me not to mention his name. He has more work than he
cares for and he does not want all of you to beat a path to his door. However,
I'll be glad to tell you that Steve Schoner has started making thin-sections
too, and being a very careful, meticulous person, he is doing very well. In
fact he made all the Ureilite thin-sections on my catalog (reference number
begin with SS). Does that help?

If you have any other questions, please do ask.
Again thank you very much for all the responses.

Anne M. Black
www.IMPACTIKA.com
IMPACTIKA at aol.com
Vice-President of IMCA