[meteorite-list] meteorites not being able to leave certain countries

From: steve arnold <stevenarnold60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 06:41:16 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning list.I want to start a new thread on
something,that to me is a real steamer,that makes me a
really upset,as to why certain countries prevent
meteorites from being able to leave without proper
papers.You have Australia,Canada,Oman,and now
Argentina.If there are more I do not of them.I really
want to know the reasoning behind such mind sets.We
all live on the same planet,why deny everyone a chance
to own a piece of the cosmic puzzle that we all love
to collect?Any thought??When I read that countries are
now going to keep them under lock and key it just does
not make any sence.

Steve R.Arnold,chicago,Ill,Usa!!
       The Asteroid Belt!
      http://chicagometeorites.net/