[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P], continued

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:02:22 -0700 (MST)

Hi Again:

We just looked at it with a 100mm f/5 telescope and it is clearly orange.

However, it is also very obvious that this thing is "unusual." I thought
that I had a focusing problem, but the scope was in focus.

There is a beautiful circular coma, but the "condensation" is NOT
star-like. It is about 1/4 the diameter of the outer coma! Never seen
anything like this.

Larry