[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P]

From: Mark Langenfeld <mlangen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:29:15 -0500

Even with the extra-bright full moon and the usual urban light pollution,
17/P Holmes is a nice naked-eye object here in Madison, WI this evening.
The coma is suprisingly large and shows a bright, star-like condensation or
center through 7X50 binoculars. I agree with Jeff that color is apparent,
showing a yellowish --almost orange -- cast.

If you haven't yet taken a look (and have clear skies), NOW is the time to
get outdoors and witness this most unusual event.

Mark