[meteorite-list] Holmes [17P], continued

From: David Pensenstadler <dfpens01_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

Larry, and List:

I thought I might sneak a peak with my binoculars from
the Pittsburgh, PA area. Didn't think I had much of a
chance with the bright moon but, WOW, in 11x80
binoculars the comet is BIG. I had to get a look with
my C-11 and it is spectacular. I have never seen such
a comet. It appears to be coming directly at us so we
see the large coma and no tail.

Could that be possible??

With my washed out skies I didn't see much color but
it is big and beautiful. I took some quick pictures
with a digital camera just held up to the eyepiece and
the photos are dramatic - central condensation with a
large coma surrounding it.

Dave