[meteorite-list] Fwd: Tucson Show - InnSuites

From: Eduardo. <rockhoundm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:41:54 -0300

Keith and List

The bad treatment of the InnSuites is not only to meteorite dealers, is
to all the dealers that are not friend of the organizers.
After the show, I recevied a letter telling that my reservation was
cancelled, because the "comission" didn't like my display and specimens.
I talked to some dealers and this happended to many dealers, and not only
meteorite related. The show closed one of the hotels and they need the
best rooms to put their friends. All the explanation of displays,
quality, etc is bullshit.
They ask dealers to have the contracts ready one week before the show
closes, then confirm it, and then once you are not in town they send a
letter by post mail (not a fast e-mail, not a phone call) kicking you off
without opportunity to find a new location. I even talk with Marty Zinn
the last day in Tucson and he did not mention a word about this!.
After some e-mails, they offered to give me "a new chance"... but in the
2nd floor, which I answer absolutely NOT.
So next Tucson, anyone that want great wholesale prices will have to call
me to make an appointment and see my specimens. I will give more
information close to the show dates.
Eduardo
www.meteorites.com