[meteorite-list] INTERVIEW WITH CARANCAS LOCALS

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:07:16 -0500

Hi Jan,

Man, I can imagine! Thanks for the colorful insight for your adventures
Jan! Anyway, 'Desag' is just another border town like border towns
everywhere as far as it sounds. You've got to admit, there must have been
some enlightening moments that evening after such a tiring day?! Next time
you are in town, please join Sterling and myself. Those naughty youths
might even pay a hotel to come haul us out:-)

Best wishes and thanks for your kind and understandable clarification. I'm
sure the inhabitants are Aymara, too. The con artists are just trying to
find a better life as hard as that is to accept for a tourist who needs to
be vigilent for their own good. When your back is against the wall and the
cards are down and you feel abandoned, whether of Aymara, or European
origin, I'd do a wild guess that anyone who isn't stuck in the area by
birth is unlikely to stick around too long...

Best wishes,
Doug