[meteorite-list] What need to be done at Carancas Crater

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 14:31:23 -0700 (PDT)

No, this cant be done. This is a VERY POOR COUNTRY.
Come on, these people are poor, the country had an
earthquake that left tens of thousands homeless barely
two months ago.
It is simple, we pumped the water from the crater. It
worked ok, of course will immediately begins to
refill. You need 10 men with buckets and shovels,
nothing more. You dig, you pump, you dig, you pump and
in one or two days, the entire crater can be
excavated.
No equipment needed other than pumps and manpower,
which we had.
Forget it, this meteorite will be lost, is already
three weeks under water as of today, is being damaged
beyond repair.
There are a few kilos recovered. Whatever is now left
in the crater will be mud, or extremely
damaged/weathered material.
We are selling by the way, email me if in the USA, or
Moritz if in Europe. He will handle all European
sales.
Michael Farmer