[meteorite-list] Entry Dynamics in Peru

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 19:17:36 -0500

Hi, Paul, List,

I just posted:
> The air in it weighs 14.7 pounds if you start
> at sea level, or 1200 grams...

Wrong!

Grabbing numbers from a column of numbers,
in a hurry, whoops! 1033 grams per sq. cm. is
sea level atmospheric pressure in metric.

The 1200 gram figure is the weight of a cubic
meter of dry air at sea level, in case you're
wondering...

14.7 pounds is 6.668 kg.

Now, if politicians would correct their mistakes
as fast...

Sterling