[meteorite-list] Titicaca meteorite-- phinally, photos

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:59:11 -0700 (PDT)

It MUST be more than 3 or 4 tons, the crater is huge,
much larger than Jilin main mass crater, there were
pieces of sod (maybe 40 kilograms chunks of hard soil)
thrown more than 100 meters in every direction. One
piece hit the landowners home and damaged the roof.
It is simple physics to know that the mass which made
that crater must weigh many tons.
As fragile as the meteorite is, I think the pieces are
soaking up the water and rusting to hell already.
Wonderful for science study I guess.
Michael Farmer