[meteorite-list] Titicaca meteorite-- phinally, photos

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 02:51:31 +0000

Than you very much for the photos. I am willing to concede that this is probably really a meteorite fall. I had big doubts earlier, because it was so anomalous compared to what we usually expect from a fall (choking vapors, 'boiling' water, no meteorite recovered at first, little scientific information either except for the media hype). I look forward to the final analysis.

Supposedly the area was shelled with additional small rocks. Has anyone recovered any of these other pieces? If they found some that hadn't been sitting in the bottom of a noxious puddle for several days, that would be even more scientifically valuable.

Tracy Latimer