[meteorite-list] Titicaca meteorite-- phinally, photos

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 23:52:41 +0200

> It is a real meteorite, the black is not fusion crust,
> but rather exposed shock veins. Very interesting
> meteorite, and not much will be found. FORGET about
> getting crater material, it has been more than two
> weeks in horrible water that people are urinating in
> for fun! The meteorite is very fragile, very porous,
> and will be rotted out already.

Hi Mike and List
Great that You save some material from this peruvian irresponsible
individuals.

If meteorite is as big as You say (1ton or larger) I think it will not rust
so fast.
Remember Bjurbole that land on sea bottom (and hit ice cover)? It is one of
the most porous meteorites and all material I have seen is fresh. And
ofcourse salt water is more destructive than sweet water. But anyway one
thing is obvious, if they not dig it up, this will fall to pieces. And they
will lose crater, meteorite and tourists money.
But nothing can be ideal.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195