[meteorite-list] meteorite lossin its Value

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:18:49 +0200

I heard, Eucrites are believed to originate from Vesta.
You know, Vesta is a large asteroid. I heard, that it doesn't come closer to
us than 1,3 millions of miles. If you have a very dark night in Veneto in
the countryside and you know, where to look - you can see it as a tiny spot
of light like the faintest star.
And I heard more! People of Earth want to know more about that spot! So they
sat together and decided, we have to send a vehicle there, only to make a
picture of the rocks to found there and to smell a little bit on them.
So every man and woman on Earth, doter and suckling, grasped in their
money-saving-sock under their mattresses (if they were happy enough to have
one) and gave Seven 1cent-pieces to make this adventure come true.

Matteo, sometimes we feel so silly, when we read, whether a stone from so
far away should cost a buck or five....

Buckleboo!
Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----