[meteorite-list] Presenting my 50mm Guang Dong Tektite Sphere

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:13:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David and Kitt,

Really nice work on adding to your sphere collection.
This must have been an exceptional tektite to be able
to get a full 50mm sphere cut from it! Your first
photo is really atractive, I am no pro photographer
(an engineer by training), but I would think that an
outdoor photo at a raised elevation in a flower bed
with a blue sky might be a good way to show off such
an optically perfect sphere. The fellow or gal that
does your grinding and polishing work is at the height
of this art. And I really do think it is an art. There
are surely significant technical aspects to this
endevor, but perfection in the execution counts as an
art in my book.

Thanks for sharing.

With Best Regards,
                Pat Brown