[meteorite-list] FW: Illinois meteorite

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:24:01 -0700

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Barb Otto" <barb at craigmillwork.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:09:34 -0600
To: <mlblood at cox.net>
Subject: Illinois meteorite

Michael,
Please forward this message ... And thanks for helping me til I have no
problems posting myself.

Dear List,

Nobody said that this is definitely a meteorite. The man who found the piece
simply found it in his backyard while he was moving soil. He brought it to a
rock shop because he thought it may be a meteorite.
He is NOT claiming that it fell through his roof, crashed through a window
or anything like that.
The only reason that I told him it could be a meteorite and that it was
worth testing is that it appears to have crust.

So, please relax. This no scam, no hoax, nothing of the sort.

Bob Evans

------ End of Forwarded Message