[meteorite-list] Pnew Moona-ultramicroscopicsilicosi/moon rock

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:56:16 -0000

Hmm, ... this theory that's kicking around about melting moon dust with
a microwave oven- its all very well melting a few mg of moondust in a
1kW home microwave oven, but by my calculations to melt 1 ton of moon
dust you would need over 200MW of microwave power! So that's really
practical then.....(if you have got a couple of spare PWR nuclear
reactors with you on the moon!!!)

On that note can anyone tell me if concrete sets in space?

Mark