[meteorite-list] Armando's yearly anti-dealer/collector rant.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 07:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

Armando, Ingo,
I have done more for meteoritics than you can imagine
or ever will do yourself. Contact the University of
Arizona, UCLA, etc, where you can likely get a list of
the hundreds of meteorites I have donated directly to
the university and mineral museums, more than $75,000
worth at my last count. You seem to be a very unhappy
man, angry that other people get meteorites and you
dont. What is the problem? Morocco is very close to
Portugal. Why are you not going there? Why do you cry
over and over, year after year, like a broken record
about the same issue? What is your problem? What part
of NO LAW is confusing to you? You said in your email
that "thieves take advantage of countries without
specific laws regarding meteorites" well, then they/we
are NOT THIEVES. If there is no law, then we are free
to do as we please, buy, sell, and hunt meteorites in
those countries. In the USA there are no laws against
buying/selling/hunting meteorites, other than taking
them from government/park/private land without
permission. Thus, Armando, you can come here, buy or
hunt meteorites, and take them! Does this anger and
confuse you? It means if you come here, buy a
meteorite from a landowner, and take it back to
Portgal, then you are not a THIEF, you are a person
operating within the law of this nation. Just because
you don't like the fact that in most countries, rocks
are not protected items, does't mean diddly squat!
Please deal with your issues with me, I have never met
you, never will. I have never bought a meteorite from
you, or sold you a meteorite. It seems to me that your
are so jealous of my success that it drives you
insane. If you have other motives for attacking me,
unprovoked, year after year, then clear them up here
and now please!
Michael Farmer