[meteorite-list] Question: Just How ...?

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:07:15 -0700

Hello all, I guess I am a yes and a no. I still have the first
meteorite I ever bought, It was bought from Keith who came to the
place I worked and applied for a job. On his application it said in
his work history "meteorite hunter 10 years" I bought a 385 gram
Canyon Diablo for $100 and it is still in my collection. In fact that
is how my collection started.
I went to Gold Basin to hunt for meteorites, the first day I had a
small zip lock bag about half full of meteorites. They were fairly
ugly to me at the time and I never considered if I should keep the
first one for my self. Later I did collect several Gold basins, but
they have other special characteristics. The biggest, oriented, found
this one twice. But the first one is gone.

--
Mike Miller Po Box 314 Gerber Ca 96035
www.meteoritefinder.com