[meteorite-list] trades vs ads

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 14:28:10 -0800

Hi Dave,
        I believe the rule reads more like, "Ads should be limited
to one per WEEK (not month) and marked 'Ad' in the subject
box."
        No mention of trades. I suspect if people are providing a
link to photos of meteorites they have for trade, that would be
desirable to most list members - even if they aren't interested
in trading, because they can see a photo of specific meteorites.
I would think all would go smoothly if it weren't every day and
as long as they were:
1) sanely worded,
2) not constantly repeated,
3) didn't fail to include a URL link
4) and didn't have all the other characteristics of the ads placed
by he who must not be named, everyone would be cool with it.
        The fact is, I do not believe trades are addressed at all in
the rules - of course, there IS an assumption of basic levels of
functioning and social skills.
        Best wishes, Michael
PS: It doesn't really matter what I or other list members think -
as this is not in the rules & Art, historically, has been very
reluctant to throw around rule changes or additions. However,
I, personally, believe the above are good guidelines to follow to
avoid problems with the "attack squad" on the list, at least if
no one has an ax to grind with you.

--
You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice
because thorns have roses.