[meteorite-list] AD - Rosetta Stone Pieces

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List Members:

Several collectors expressed an interest in pieces of
the ?Rosetta Stone?. I finally got around to cutting
this world class lunaite making for more affordable
slices. The end-cut yielded eight pieces, all
beautiful as can be seen in the link below:

Dhofar 908 Very Rare Lunar/Moon Meteorite, The
?Rosetta Stone?

Complete slices and one end-cut of the Dhofar 908
?Rosetta Stone?, a very rare Impact Melt Breccia Lunar
meteorite found 2003 in Oman. A Total Known Weight of
245.46 grams is reported for this find consisting of
several individuals. This particular stone is well
known because it is the only example that displays two
lithologies earning the nick name, the Rosetta Stone
because it may represent the smoking gun tying two
sets of pairings together. Please let me know if any
of these pieces are of interest.

Starting with top row, left to right:

http://themeteoritesite.com/Rossetta.jpg

Weight (grams) Dimensions (mm) Price

3.040 33 X 22 X 2 4,000.00
1.494 31 X 20 X 1 2,000.00
1.766 31 X 20 X 1 SOLD
1.372 29 X 16 X 1.5 1,800.00
1.212 27 X 17 X 1.5 1,600.00
1.242 24 X 16 X 2 1,600.00
.906 20 X 13 X 2 1,300.00
.958 (end cut) 13 X 10 X 7 1,300.00

To see several auctions ending in the next few days,
click on this link:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraremeteorites

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good
luck.

Best Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection