[meteorite-list] D. New's old meteorite lists

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:58:24 +0100

> Hi Alex, all,

Bonsoir Zelimir,

> Alex, it seems we were almost at the same place at the same time in the
> recent past when we both started collecting meteorites (I did in 1992
> thanks to David's wise advice, probably you earlier ?).

A long story to tell, way toooooooo long for this spot - but yes, I also basically (re-)started in 1992, when I also subscribed to be a member of the Meteoritical Society.

> I visited him in Anacortes in 1992 and 1995, at least for meteorites

So we almost could have met there in 1992 - I visited him while passing the the state of Washington in late September. I had gifted a three weeks rental car trip through the Western US and Canada to myself on the occasion of my 40th birthday... :-)

> Your idea to try to find out and gather David's old lists describing
> meteorites and their prices is indeed brillant!
> Well, the idea is:
> Shall I ask...David ?

YES, please - I would strongly suggest you do just that! Say hello from me, and if you would like, please forward my initial post to the list and may be this one!

> Let me reassure you, Margaret and David are doing very well and are in
> excellent shape! I got news from them...some minutes ago.

Glad to hear the good news!

> I can at least ask hiw whether he still has copies of his past lists in
> his files and whether he can agree we use these lists for the best of the
> reasons: preserve a specific cultural heritage.

That?s exactly what I meant!

> Alex, we have much to talk about this passionate past times, in the 2007
> Ensisheim session, if you can make it...

I have been there exactly every second year after it?s inauguration in the late Ninetees. Last time I could attend was 2005, so this year should be a definite date for me again! Would love to have a beer and wine with you, Zelimir. (Oh btw, I have that 70+ grams half Holbrook stone from you from one of the earlier Ensisheim show, a David New specimen, and already talked to you about it way back then.... :-)).

PS: this sounds to be a private mail, sorry, but it is mainly addressed to Zelimir?s proposal of contacting David New for his old lists, which makes it a public mail again, right?

Best wishes,
Alex
Berlin/Germany