[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite - A Fairy Tale

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 08 Jan 2007 19:05:23 UT

Gary wrote: If you want to take a look [at Gary's slice] it is here:

http://www.meteorite-dealers.com/forestburg2-6.html

Mark writes: A photograph from my Forestburg (b) thin section is shown here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/colforestburgbts.html

Z?limir writes:

"...sometimes a simple L5 or H6 can offer some extraordinary fairy-like
picture. I understand how Gary and Bernd did appreciate their acquisition
of Forestburg (b)."

Hello Z?limir, Gary, Mark B. and List,

There is one such "fairy-like" chondrule in my Forestburg (b) thin section.
It features a prominent polysomatic megachondrule measuring 5 millimeters in
largest dimension. It is a complex, oval, barred olivine-pyroxene chondrule
and displays stunning interference colors of purple, pink, blue, yellow, orange
and turquoise under crossed polars. What a masterpiece by Mother Nature!

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: Thin section pic attached for Z?limir, Gary, and Mark!

To: Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr
    meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Cc: thebigcollector at msn.com
    gary at webbers.com