[meteorite-list] venus meteorite and holbrook

From: DNAndrews <dna1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:21:26 -0700

OK...my last post on the subject and then I'm back to perpetual
lurking. Promise! Sorry I couldn't make it hunting Justin, but days
off are scarce these days.

1. Holbrook fall witnesses in 1912 reported 2 detonations...or booms.

2. Adamana is about 8 more miles down the railroad tracks (as the crow
flies) from the Holbrook strewnfield

3. Did one of those detonations make the Holbrook fall and the other
the Adamana? Beats me, but is quite possible.

4. If according to the GoldShooters forum, someone was spotted
"specking" on the north side of the tracks at "Adamana". If so, they
are on PRIVATE property. Even on the south side they are on PRIVATE
property. I for one, would hate to be caught on the Fitzgerald's land
with no permission.

5. Adamana is NOT on the Navajo Reservation (as reported by this
forum), but it is close to the Painted Desert/Petrified Forest National
Park. So is this person at Adamana or Sun Valley?

6. Sun Valley = Holbrook fall. (No Navajo Reservation involved).

7. Adamana = Adamana....not Holbrook or Sun Valley.

8. Is Larry's meteorite part of the Adamana meteorite? Looking at my
cast of the "Venus Stone" there is only a small amount of material
missing from the sides. Not a 1+ kilo chunk of fully crusted meteorite.

9. Is Larry's meteorite related to the Adamana meteorite? Maybe and
maybe not. If so, it is related like a Campo is from the same fall as
the Campos. Good Campos....Bad Campos.

10. Is Larry's meteorite an Adamana meteorite or a Holbrook meteorite?
It was found in the Holbrook strewnfield and there are no missing pieces
off of the Adamana meteorite that could possibly be that big and fully
crusted.

OK....I hope I answered some questions. Back to lurking now...

Dave