[meteorite-list] Nininger

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:48:34 -0700

Mike Jensen posted:

> For the other list members you might be interested to know it has been
> converted into a motel so if you want you might be able to sleep in
> the old museum.

Dear Mike:

Thanks for those interesting photos. I remember during my last visit to
your place that we had a long chat about the Sedona meteorite museum,
and that is was a project of yours to ID the exact location of the old
building. It's interesting to note how the mountains in the background
are an exact match, and I like the placard in front of the original
museum:

  "THE NEW HOME
of the WORLD FAMOUS
NININGER METEORITE
COLLECTION"

Now, if only we'd thought to visit there when we were kids, we could
have picked up a numbered Nininger CD for ten bucks! : ) Anyway,
would be fun to try and stay there at some point.

Great bit of detective work.

Regards,

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org