[meteorite-list] Nininger

From: Mike Jensen <meteoriteplaya_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 08:44:41 -0700

Hi Wayne & list
I know that Nininger had to move his museum from Winslow as the new
Interstate 40 was going to by-pass his museum (an obvious death blow
to an already struggling museum). I believe that he discusses the
reason for the move to Sedona in his book Find a Falling Star.
Unfortunately I don't have time to look it up right now. But I do know
that he did not find a meteorite in the area.
I also visited his museum in Sedona a couple of years ago. Here is a
postcard showing the original museum;
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Postcards/AMM/AMMSedona.jpg
Here is an image that shows how it looks today;
http://jensenmeteorites.com/Postcards/AMM/AMM%20today.jpg

For the other list members you might be interested to know it has been
converted into a motel so if you want you might be able to sleep in
the old museum.

Mike

--
Mike Jensen