[meteorite-list] magnetic meteorites

From: Ken Newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:43:53 -0500

Hi Michael,
Magnetic can mean more than one thing:
1. of or pertaining to a magnet or magnetism.
2. having the properties of a magnet.
3. capable of being magnetized or attracted by a magnet.
4. pertaining to the magnetic field of the earth: the magnetic equator.
5. exerting a strong attractive power or charm: a magnetic personality.
6. noting or pertaining to various bearings and measurements as
indicated by a magnetic compass: magnetic amplitude; magnetic course;
magnetic meridian.

The definition pertaining to meteorites is #3 not #2.
Best,
ken