[meteorite-list] AD: Meteoroites and Books at Ebay

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 11 01:40:44 2006

"Please help me. I have recently been diagnosed with a disease called
"aperture fever" in the astronomical community and I need a cure. You can
help. A 16 inch truss-tube Dobsonian telescope would effect a cure but I
need to raise 2k."

Walter, I really felt a little wave of fear starting as I read your email
halfway through the first sentence. Luckily, you're not in physical danger
so far. Careful around some of us as you have a rampantly contagious
condition. I question your "cure" to these cravings. Since when is giving
a junkie a two kilos of dough to see otherwise invisible stardust which are
just figments of others' imaginations? You're just gonna get in deeper.

Think an 18"er, but I bet you could figure out how to pack a 20" into your
vehicle, though you better break out more of the collection and start saving
up for a trailer as this is where your disease leads once the symptoms are
full-blown. Many people do cure aperture fever with a diameter in the 20's,
though. They break their backs and then discover the wonders of being able
to set up a 3.5 inchers with playful ease...good luck and clear skies! I
know two others on this list who are controlling as best as they can the
"fever".
Doug