[meteorite-list] AD: Fwd: [brmeteorites_list] List 37

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 11 01:38:17 2006

Dear List,
  I am forwarding this sales list to for metlist
members that are unaware of Blaine Reed and his sales.
  Blaine offers meteorites at very reasonable prices
and is one of the most reliable of all dealers. You
may subscribe to his list by contacting him. Thank
you. Dirk Ross...Tokyo

The Estherville is sold.
> Blaine Reed
> P.O. Box 1141
> Delta, CO 81416
> Ph/ Fax (970) 874-1487
>
> Dear Collectors,
> Here are a few items from the Denver show. As
> usual, I spent too
> much, but didn't seem to come home with a whole lot
> new. Everything is
> definitely starting to cost a lot more now (even NWA
> 869 now costs 3
> or 4 times as much as I was paying a couple years
> ago). This is partly
> due to the dollar loosing value against other
> currencies, and largely
> due to the finders and suppliers starting to realize
> that the supplies
> are getting thin now (at least compared to a few
> years ago). I will
> have a mailed offering eventually, but it will be
> delayed from usual
> (I usually have one out by now), as much of what I
> picked up is
> waiting for cutting and polishing and some items are
> needing a few
> finishing touches on the research work. I will post
> these items here
> as well once the mailed copy is on its way. In the
> mean time, here are
> a few interesting things for you to consider.
>
> DAVY (a), Texas: (L4). Found 1940. Tkw = 51
> kilograms.
> Here are a couple nice solid end pieces. The smaller
> has a Monig
> number painted on it. These are really decent
> pieces, probably the
> nicest I've seen of this fairly old chondrite.
> 1) End pieces:
> a) 72.9 grams?E..70mm x 50mm x 15mm?E$100
> b) 355.0 grams?E75mm x 48mm x 45mm?E$350
>
> DAR AL GANI (476), Libya: Martian, Shergottite.
> Here are a couple nice slices of what has always
> been one of my
> favorite Mars rocks. This is solid material (no
> worry of it crumbling
> apart if you want to touch it) and the texture/
> color is neat ?Eblack
> crystals scattered in a distinctly jade-green
> matrix. These are also
> very reasonably priced for this stuff these days.
> 1) Slices:
> a) .538 grams?E?E4mm x 9mm x 1mm?E..$295
> b) 2.174 grams?E..25mm x 21mm x 1mm?E$1100
>
> BRAHIN, Belarus: (Pallasite). Found 1810.
> Here is an actually nice piece I picked up for
> someone, but can't
> remember who it was that wanted such a piece (not a
> usual customer ?E> what I get for having an
overloaded desk, and not a