[meteorite-list] Bernd's Collection & Lepidopterist

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 8 17:22:22 2006

Hola Michael,

Believe it or not !! I was interested in Lepidopterans long before the
digital revolution. I still haven't migrated from the robust capabilities of the
film camera and lens configurations, film stillnhas this nice depth and
familiarity. So, the tens of thousands of positive transparencies in my collection
are slowly fading away and not for general consumption, except an ocassional
one that wins a photo contest, or gets published. I guess I could get a
scanner, I wanted an excellent one for a long time, but budget, budget, budget. It
is a lot of work that I have no desire to do. I do have a great set of
bellows and slide duplicating setup with special slide duplicating (negative) film.
I bought 10 rolls 10 years ago and still have 8 of them unused and long
expired. So that is why I don't bother... Ocassionally I'll put a slide into my
10 year old $50 scanner with awful results.

So here is what I can scrape together aftermuch effort for anyone interested
in what an eccentric amateur Lepidopterist does in his spare time. A link to
a page prepared especially for (1) first, and foremost Pauline and Bernd, and
friends (like fellow comedians Martin and Michael).

Enjoy and be offended if you wish, it's the latest web page to get the inside
scoop on Lepidopterists. Bernd is quite generous, I'm still an amateur's
amateur. Vladimir Nabokov was a true amateur and immortalized Lepidopterists in
his spoof on butterfly life cycles disguised as the acclaimed ocassionally
disturbing novel, Lolita. All of the true amateurs of his generation are in the
book, but I didn't make it. Time is ripe to write a book on meteorite folk,
though, so watch out guys (and gals).

Pauline and Bernd (Happy Anniversary)
and Lepidopterist's page (copyrighted, please, no reproduction priviledges
granted except to the Leps):

http://www.diogenite.com/lepidopterist.html

Sorry for the terrible resolutions.

Didgeridoo!
Doug

Michael B. writes:

<< OK,
         All kidding aside - sound VERY interesting. Do you have a photo
 web site where we can see the photos you have taken? (If not, please
 contact me and I will turn you onto a free photo hosting site that
 is VERY easy to use).
         WHERE DO WE GO TO SEE THESE BEAUTIES?
         Best wishes, Michael

 on 3/7/06 11:30 AM, bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de at bernd.pauli@paulinet.de