[meteorite-list] Largest Crater in the Sahara Desert and LDG

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 4 02:54:54 2006

Perhaps, rather than falling like a dead rat into the division between
tektites and impactites, LDG is an indicator of more of a continuous
spectrum. We already admit that there are anomalies where Muong Nong
tektites and some aspects of australites don't fit comfortably within
tektite parameters. The meteorite community acknowledges that almost every
meteorite classification has its odd ducks that show characteristics more
appropriate to other groups, or fit no existing group (that's how we get new
classifications!) Could there conceivably be in between stages, where the
irregularities of things like LDG actually indicate a median?

Neither fish nor fowl,
Tracy Latimer