[meteorite-list] Bill's Comments

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2004_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Mar 4 00:50:39 2006

but for credits you what understand? Write only
Copyright Mark Bostik, or ask money? For the first is
not a problem, for the second I doubt many people give
money seen normaly its only Institutions or Museums
ask money for their photos, scripts etc...If I have to
ask money to every person have use my photos or
scripts without my permision, in this time I am rich.
Its few the persons have write to me via email and ask
the permit to use my material in books, DVD etc...

Matteo

--- MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_msn.com> ha scritto:

> Bob Evans wrote, "I'll use a photo of your meteorite
> specimen, but, don't
> use my words in your auction "
>
> I think that was a little misleading Bob. I was
> using the photo before he
> purchased the specimen, and again I have permission.
> I will stop using it,
> because I would not, knowing promote anything to do
> with Bill.
>
> I do not have a problem with people using the
> newspaper articles
.in fact, I
> hope you do. If more people used them it would make
> sure they did not get
> lost. Time is funny like that.
>
> I have spent thousands of hours and dollars
> searching microfilm and my
> website
around 700-800 pages, is not exactly free
> for me to run. I do think
> it is fair to give me credit.
>
> I have recovered multiple newspapers for pretty
> every meteorite fall, it is
> somewhat amazing
I can fill a DVD with pdf?s. The
> articles also tell the
> history of the meteorite people and the science. I
> don?t post many of the
> papers anymore
because I have posted about almost
> every fall already. The
> website only archives about 1/5 of less of what my
> database has. I will
> find someway to preserve these for the future as it
> would be a shame for
> them to get lost
.again. And continue looking for
> others.
>
> Besides courtesy, there is other reasons to e-mail
> me. Such, in this case,
> the newspaper it is one of the first I put up on the
> site, and several of
> you likely noticed an error in it. My transcript on
> file now has the
> spelling error correct. Also, the transcript now in
> my archives has a little
> additional archive information. Such as "Paper:
> The Fort Wayne Sentinel"
> instead of "Paper: Fort Wayne Sentinel" and ?Page: 3
> (of 8), instead of just
> ?Page 3?.
>
> Clear Skies,
> Mark Bostick