[meteorite-list] Dealers and their duty - A APOLOGY FIRST

From: Walter L. Newton <newtonw2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 29 14:33:08 2006

Hi list

One big APOLOGY from me about posting a email to the list that was sent
directly to me. Honest mistake, but I understand the rules now. Won't happen
again.

I've heard everything from list users feeling that Ebay feedback is almost
bogus to Ebay feedback can put the fear of g-d in you.

I can agree with the full extreme of opinions, all have very valid points,
but I think when it all shakes out, feedback does work for the basic good of
the Ebay community.

My bottom line is this. As a buyer, I never bid on a auction unless I know I
have the money available NOW and I pay as soon as the auction ends. Cash
flow is important to a business, and I suspect the dealers enjoy having that
money as quickly as if he/she had made a sale over a counter in a store.

As a seller, I promise to ship with in 24 hours of receiving payment, I
always ship priority since I know how us "boys" (ok... the girls too) like
to get our toys in our grubby little hands ASAP.

And I leave feedback as soon as I can, for buyer or seller. Following these
rules have worked for me for 10 years. But still, I see a recent trend in
the last few years where both buyers and sellers are not as concerned with
good customer service, or good buyers etiquette.

I don't think I am being hard-nosed about this. Any closed system works best
when all the parts are working in harmony.

It's no different on this list. List members informed me, in very polite
ways, that I should not have posted a private email to the list.

Some other users recommended that I don't include my personal signature
information with my posts.

All this input helps make this list work well.

I still think that anyone who waits for weeks to leave feedback is not being
responsible.

Walt Newton