[meteorite-list] Ebay is ripping everybody off at least once! (OT)

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 21:06:09 2006

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:11:48 -0600, you wrote:

>Very funny Norm,
>
>although I never said eBay was out to "get" JUST me.
>I was actually quite concerned for all of us small fish.(maybe ur too big?)
>
>They arent out to "get" anybody in particular...the computer
>selects the victim at random. :o)
>
>But as long as Norm is doing okay then it must be fine!

Don't worry, if you "rage" enough against the "machine" they'll be out to "get"
you for trying to charge excessive shipping fees in order to circumvent ebay
fees-- which is explicitly against their TOS. I have some of these tiny little
bank notes-- you could ship who knows how many hundred of them for the $4.05 you
are charging to ship one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=972108048

Hint: if you are cheating the system, don't try to call attention to yourself.