[meteorite-list] UofA giving collection to dealer control.

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 10:24:16 2006

One of the "Gods" of meteoritics, H.H. Nininger was also a dealer named
curator of the "Colorado Museum of Natural History". I am not saying I
agree with the UofA decision, and I understand Mike's viewpoint
entirely, but the precedent has been set. The difference here may be
the fact that Nininger stopped dealing once appointed as curator. Is
this the case for the SW-Meteorite Lab? If it is, then fine, give him a
chance. If not, then something is terribly wrong.

Matt Morgan