[meteorite-list] UofA giving collection to dealer control.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 10:28:40 2006

Matt, that was also a different time, Nininger was the pioneer in
meteoritics, before him, really nobody in the USA cared much for them, so
without him, meteorites would have always taken back burner. It is clear
from reading Nininger's books, which I do often, that he cared for
meteorites more than anyone.
This is a different time, real money is involved, and commercial dealers
have NO PLACE in being curator of a university collection. Honorary position
is fine, but it seems Marvin has been given the gold key. I wonder if Fukang
has anything to do with it? Does Uof A know that they are holding a stolen
treasure from China?
Mike Farmer