[meteorite-list] UofA giving collection to dealer control.

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 09:48:57 2006

The more I think of this, the more outraged I am.
I have donated tens of thousands of $$$ of meteorites to the UofA, and now
they have been turned over to the control of a meteorite dealer.
I wonder if some of them will be submitted at the auction in Tucson? This is
in my opinion a huge conflict of interest. How can they do that? Why not put
Christies in charge of the Smithsonian art collection, and Butterfields in
charge of the American Museum of Natural History? When did Universities
start doling out the job to commercial dealers?
Is anyone outraged at this?
No more donations to the UofA for me, I might find my Moon and Mars rocks on
http://www.meteorite-lab.com/.

This is total bunk, I guess museums are for sale.

Mike Farmer