AW: [meteorite-list] Poll : Online Encyclopedia of Meteorites

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 24 05:51:42 2006

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces_at_meteoritecentral.com] Im Auftrag von Pel?
Pierre-Marie
Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Februar 2006 07:37
An: MeteoriteList
Betreff: [meteorite-list] Poll : Online Encyclopedia of Meteorites

Hi Pierre-Marie,

my suggestions:

Work together with David Weir, his page about the systematics is simply the
best on web and better than all books, so you'll save a lot of work.

Tell the list, what the morons from the Museum in Paris asked for a simple
photo from a single meteorite there, when you were writing your standard
work about French meteorites, a book, which they obviously never could
accomplish by there own.
So my suggestion for the fees are:

- institutional collections and their members.
500$ per year.

- dealers 250$ per annum

- Metsoc members 100$ per year

- Collectors 20$ per year

- IMCA members (as long as they are no dealers), students, pupils,
pensioners, kids, animals: free

BUT!! : The fee is reduced with 1$ with each meteorite or meteorite
related photo handed in, 3$ when it shows a main mass/main piece.

Buckleboo!
Martin

Hello to the List,

I need your advice.

I'm starting a mad project. I'm building an
Encyclopedia of Meteorites online.

1> All meteorites from the world, with classification,
picture(s), circumstances of find/fall
2> A free mode (you can just look at each meteorite
file)
3> Subscription system which allows to view at the
database, make multi-query searches, print reports,
and the best, allows you to manage your collection
online
4> It's your encyclopedia. You can send pictures,
texts, add-on to improve the database
5> Advertising system which allows dealer to put on
advertising for low prices

I need your ideas to improve the system, I would like
also the price you are ready to pay for an annual
fee...

Best regards,

Pierre-Marie PELE