AW: [meteorite-list] Poll : Online Encyclopedia of Meteorites

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 24 08:44:44 2006

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the kind comments about my site, which will remain free for
everyone to study. My site is simply my ongoing synopsis of selected
research being published by the many accomplished meteoriticists, whose
dedication to this field of science allows anyone with an interest to
follow the progress of revealing the history of our solar system. It's
the best front-row seat I could imagine.

I'm sure Pierre-Marie has his own original ideas for his potential
online Encyclopedia of Meteorites, and I have no desire to expand my
scope to encompass more than I am now writing on my meteoritestudies
site, or to enter into any commercial ventures.

I am already familiar with the subscription-based MetBase Library
continuously edited by J?rn Koblitz (over 30,000 entries I believe),
which is widely utilized around the world, so I'm not sure what more
needs to be established in this arena. MetBase is a truly remarkable
project, and I'm priviledged to have my modest collection entered into
its extensive database. I do not subscribe to MetBase, but I have seen
its scope, and I think others on this List might be interested;
(contact: info_at_metbase.de).

Regards,
David